Imagine your close friend is visiting your city for a day and you want them for dinner. You have decided on the dinner menu, but are short of time for preparing the dessert. Carrot laddoo come to your rescue for a quick and easy dessert recipe. Try this yummy saffron coloured dessert and your guests will be pleasantly surprised with the richness and taste of this sweet. and yes be ready to get appreciation from your guests for your cooking skills.
I have also posted recipe of (Carrot Halwa) earlier.
This dessert is also in honour of formation of new government in India. Proud to be an Indian. Namma desha Namma Hemme.
- 3-4 people
- 20 mins
- 20 mins
- Carrots - 4
- Sugar - 4 tbsp
- Khoya or Milk powder - 1/2 cup
- Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
- Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Dry fruits - chopped cashews, almonds and raisins
- Desiccated coconut for garnishing
- Wash carrots and grate them using a small hole grater.
- In a heavy bottom pan, add ghee and when the ghee is hot add grated carrots.
- Fry the carrots on a low flame till the raw smell of the carrots is gone.
- Now add sugar and mix it well.
- once sugar and carrots mixture thickens and all the water evaporates, add khoya and mix it.
- Add cardamom powder and chopped dry fruits and mix it till the mixture is completely thickend and starts to leave the sides of pan and forms a lump.( I have added dry fruits without roasting them, you can fry them in ghee and then add it)
- Now grease your palm with ghee and give the mixture shape of laddu by taking small amount of mixture at a time.
- Now roll them in desiccated coconut and can garnish them with dry fruits.
- Delicious carrot laddu is ready to be served.
More delicious recipes
This one of the many fanastic recipes available on this blog