A healthier version of a dessert prepared using ragi flour and almonds. This laddu can be prepared within 20 mins, using the ingredients readily available at home.
This laddu is enriched with all the nutrients of ragi or finger millet and almonds. Ragi, as we all know is a powerhouse of nutrition with good amount of calcium, fibre, minerals and protein. It contains all the essential amino acids required for our body. You can consume this laddu on a daily basis and get all the required amounts of vitamins and minerals for our body from ragi and almonds.
- 15 laddoos
- 10 mins
- 20 mins
- Ragi flour - 1 cup
- Almonds - 1/2 cup
- Jaggery - less than 3/4 th cup
- Ghee - 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp
- Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
- Cashews and raisins - 1 tbsp each
- Grind almonds to a coarse powder in a mixer.
- Powder jaggery and keep it aside ( I have used around 3/4 th cup of jaggery powder but you can also use less, depending on your taste)
- Finely chop cashews.
- Now in a heavy bottom pan add 1 tbsp of ghee and roast cashews and raisins, keep it aside.
- To the leftover ghee add ragi flour and roast the flour in a low flame till all the raw smell disappears. It takes around 10 to 15 mins. When the ragi flour starts to release a good aroma add coarsely ground almonds and roast the ragi flour and almond powder for 5 more mins. Do the roasting in a low flame to avoid burning.
- After roasting, transfer the mixture to a big bowl and allow it to cool for 3 to 4 mins.
- Melt half cup ghee.
- Add jaggery powder to the flour mixture and mix it properly.
- Now add melted ghee to the jaggery powder and flour mixture. Mix it using a spoon.
- When the ghee cools, add cardamom powder, roasted cashews and raisins. Mix everything properly using your hands ( see to it that there are large chunks of jaggery )
- Give them the shape of laddu.( grease your hands with ghee before shaping the laddus )
- Healthy and tasty ragi laddu are ready to be served
More delicious recipes
This one of the many fanastic recipes available on this blog