This is a tasty halwa prepared from bananas. It is common that in our households, after a festival there are leftover bananas and we don’t know what to do with those bananas. In summers they get ripened fast and get spoilt. So when you have a stock of bananas at home, you can try this recipe. If you are a banana lover you will like it for sure. Ingredients are simple and always available at home.
- 3 to 4 people
- 5 mins
- 30 - 35 mins
- Bananas - 3
- Ghee - 1/2 to 3/4 cup
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Cashews - 5 to 6
- Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
- Grind bananas to a smooth paste. I have taken robusta variety of banana, you may take nendra banana or red banana. They taste very well with nendra bananas.
- In a pan add 1 tbsp of ghee and when it is hot add broken cashews and fry them till they are golden brown.
- Take out the cashews in a plate and add one more tbsp of ghee and add the ground banana paste and sugar.
- Keep stirring the banana paste or else it may burn.
- After ten minutes add 1 tbsp of ghee and keep on stirring.
- Keep adding ghee at regular intervals till halwa starts to leave the pan. The quantity of ghee and sugar to this halwa should be proper or else you will not be able to cut the halwa.
- It will take around 30 to 35 mins to leave the pan, add fried cashews, cardamom powder and mix it properly.
- Now take out the halwa on a greased plate and allow it to cool.
- When it is cooled cut it in your desired shape. Banana halwa is ready to be served.
- Sometimes it happens that you will not be able to cut it in pieces, at that time put back the halwa mixture in the pan add some powdered sugar and mix it till it leaves the pan. Now you can cut them in pieces. This method you can adapt for all the burfi’s.
- Enjoy this banana halwa with your family.
More delicious recipes
This one of the many fanastic recipes available on this blog