This is my first post on mangoes in this mango season. Seekarne is a delicious dish prepared using mangoes in karnataka during mango season. It is prepared in every household and can be relished with poori, chapathi, roti. Seekarne is traditionally prepared with mangoes, milk and sugar. I have given a slight twist to this recipe.
- 2 people
- 20 mins
- Mangoes - 7
- Milk - ½ cup
- Jaggery - 3 tbsp
- Condensed milk - 2 tbsp
- Milk powder - 1 tbsp
- Dry fruits - cashews, almonds, raisins.
- Ghee - 1 tsp
- I have chosen malghoba variety of mangoes for this recipe. This variety is available all over karnataka. You can take any variety of your choice.
- Amount of jaggery completely depends in how much sweet mangoes are and it also depends on your choice.
- First wash your hands properly as this dish is prepared using hands.
- Wash all the mangoes throughly and wipe them dry.
- Take a big bowl and squeeze out the pulp of mangoes and smash them using hands.
- To this add milk, condensed milk, jaggery, milk powder and mix it.
- Roast all the dry fruits in ghee and add it to seekarne.( you can add without roasting them also)
- Delicious seekarne is ready to be served ( it tastes delicious when it is chilled)
- You can add finely chopped banana also to enhance the taste.
- There is also one more twist instead of condensed milk and milk powder, you can grind ¼ cup of fresh coconut and jaggery and add it along with milk. This also tastes equally good.
- I have opted for jaggery instead of sugar for a healthier version. I have skipped cardamom powder, as I wanted to keep the flavour of mango strong.
More delicious recipes
This one of the many fanastic recipes available on this blog