A mouthwatering halwa made out of gram flour is easy to prepare with ingredients readily available at home. This halwa can be prepared during festivals and can also be offered as prasad to god during pooja.
- 3 cups
- 5 minutes
- 25 minutes
- Gram flour - 1 cup
- Ghee - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Milk - 2 ½ cup
- Cardamom powder - ¼ tsp
- Cashews - 10
- Almond flakes - for garnish
- Finely chop cashews.
- Take a heavy bottom pan or a non stick pan, add ghee and heat it.
- Add cashews When the ghee is hot and fry till they turn golden brown.
- Take the roasted cashews on a plate.
- Add gram flour to ghee and roast it in low flame.
- Roast gram flour by continously stirring till it changes its colour.
- Gram flour turns to golden brown in colour and releases a good aroma. (This aroma will spread all over your house)
- Now add milk by stirring continously and see to it that no lumps are formed.
- After the milk is completely absorbed, close the lid of pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add sugar and keep mixing the halwa, add cardamom powder also.
- Cook till halwa releases the ghee from sides and also it starts to leave the pan indicating the halwa is cooked completely.( cook halwa by closing the lid of pan for 2 mins in intervals of time, so that halwa cooks properly in steam )
- Add roasted cashews and garnish it with almond flakes.
- Besan ka halwa or gram flour halwa is ready to serve.
More delicious recipes
This one of the many fanastic recipes available on this blog