Popularly known as kaju katli it is a very delicious indian sweet which is made with minimum ingredients .it gets ready with 15 to 20 minutes and tastes delicious . it can made for any festivals, parties ,functions or even on any normal day to satisfy your taste buds .Here i have used 1 tbsp of ghee at the end but this can be skipped to make it a vegan recipe and ther won’t be any change in taste.
- 10 to 12
- 5 minutes
- 15 minutes
- Cashew nuts(kaju) - 1 cup
- Sugar - 3/4th cup
- Water - 1/4th cup
- Cardamom powder - ½ tsp
- Ghee - 1 tbsp
- Choosing a good quality of kaju is very important as it enhances the taste of burfi
- Now grind 1 cup of kaju in a mixer to a coarse powder ( Dont grind it for a long time as kaju will start to release oil )
- Sieve the kaju mixture so that when we add kaju to sugar syrup it will not form lumps
- In a deep broad pan add sugar and water ,keep the flame in high till the sugar dissolves and then simmer it till you get one string consistency.
- As soon as the sugar syrup is ready keep the flame in sim and add the kaju powder and keep stirring so it ensures no lumps are formed.
- After 5 mins when see the mixture is about to leave the pan add 1 tbsp to ghee to it,when you add the ghee the mixture becomes smooth and will leave the sides of the pan quickly.
- Take the mixture in a plate greased with ghee and allow it to cool for sometime and then cut it into desired shapes and sizes.
- Enjoy this super easy and tasty indian sweet
- To get sugar syrup of single thread consistency take water exactly half the amount of sugar taken, this ensures that you get a perfect single thread sugar syrup in 5 mins
- I have skipped cardamom powder here to maintain the original taste of kaju you can always do it according to your taste.
- I have taken the kaju mixture directly on a greased plate and cut it ,you can always take the mixture dough and roll it as chapati using a rolling pin and then cut it.
More delicious recipes
This one of the many fanastic recipes available on this blog