Its raining everyday these days, and we crave to eat something hot and spicy in this weather. We make different kinds of bhajji, pakora and parata when it rains to savour with tea or coffee. This type of rava pakora is usually prepared as evening snacks during South Indian Wedding.
Easy to prepare with the ingredients usaually available in your kitchen. This gets ready quick, tastes superb and melts in your mouth.
Try this Pakora during rains and treat your family.
- 2 to 3 people
- 10 mins
- 20 mins
- Fine rava ( chiroti rava ) - 1 cup
- Maida ( all purpose flour ) - ⅓ cup
- Onion - 1 big
- ground nuts - 2 tbsp
- Fried gram - 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Green chillies - 4
- Coriander leaves - 2 tbsp
- Ginger - ½ inch
- Salt - ½ tbsp or according to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Finely chop ginger, onion, green chillies and coriander.
- Keep pan for heating, after its heated add fine rava (chiroti rava, baarikh rava), maida and dry roast them for 1 to 2 mins or till they are warm (Don’t over roast).
- In the same pan add groundnuts and dry roast till they are done. Later remove their skin and crush them little using mortar and pestle.
- Crush fried gram also using mortar and pestle (You can also add them without crushing, I have added them whole without crushing)
- Keep oil for heating required for deep frying.
- Now take roasted fine rava, maida in a vessel and add all the other ingredients except oil.
- Mix it properly, later add 2 tbsp of hot oil to this.
- After 10 sec mix it properly as onion releases water. Now add water slowly and make a tight or stiff dough.
- Take small lemon size doughs and fry them in hot oil, in medium flame till they are cooked both from outside and inside.( You can also take little dough and then leave them in hot oil without giving them any shape, I have shown both the varieties)
- They are crispy from outside and soft from inside and just melts in your mouth. You can serve them with coconut chutney.
- For garnishing, fry some curry leaves in hot oil and place on top of pakoras.
- Crispy and tasty rava onion pakora is ready to be served.
More delicious recipes
This one of the many fanastic recipes available on this blog