Pakora is very famous across indian subcontinent. Here I have used palak and kaju along with gram flour to prepare this delicious snack.
Pakora is everyone’s favourite which can be relished along with hot cup of coffee or tea. There is never a ‘no’ from anyone when it comes to this snack.
It is also very easy to prepare and can be prepared in a jiffy when you have guests at home and can be served with simple green chutney or tomato sauce. By this your guests will be really happy visiting your place and you will be satisfied after seeing them happy, this is the magic of ‘pakora’ .
- 15-20 pieces
- 15 minutes
- 20 minutes
- Spinach ( palak) - 1 bunch
- Besan ( gram flour) - 1 cup
- Cashew nuts - 15
- Green chilly - 3
- Coriander powder - 1 tbsp
- Red chilly powder - 1 tbsp
- Salt - ½ tbsp
- Clean and finely chop the spinach leaves.
- Finely chop cashew pieces and fry them in ½ tbsp of ghee till they turn golden brown in colour.( i have roasted cashew to give more taste, you can also skip this and add cashews without roasting also)
- I have taken coriander powder, you can take coriander seeds also.
- In a bowl add chopped spinach leaves and all the ingredients except oil and water.
- Let this rest for 5 minutes.
- Now spinach would have released water, mix it properly and add water slowly to make a dough like consistency.( add water carefully )
- Keep oil for heating.
- When the oil is hot enough, take mixture( lemon size ball) and fry them in hot oil till they turn golden brown and crispy.( fry in low to medium heat for equal cooking of pakoras).
- Take them on a kitchen towel.
- Now palak pakora is ready to be served.
Tip : I have not added baking soda, you can always add a pinch of soda. You can also add onions to this. If you are adding soda you need to add bit of lemon juice to activate soda. You can also try this other leafy veggies like methi also.
More delicious recipes
This one of the many fanastic recipes available on this blog