- 15 to 16 bajjis (depending in the thickness of raw banana we have cut)
- 5 minutes
- 15 minutes
- Balekayi (Raw Banana) -1
- Gram Flour(Besan) - ½ cup
- Rice Flour - 3 tbsp
- Red chilly powder - 1 ½ tbsp
- Asafoetida (Hing) - ½ tsp
- Clean the raw banana and cut it into thin slices and the length can be kept as per your choice.
- Keep the oil for for becoming hot
- In a bowl add gram flour , rice flour, red chilly powder, hing and salt and mix it.
- Start adding water little at a time to avoid lumps and make a smooth batter( the consistency should be of dosa batter)
- Now add 1 to 2 tbsp of hot oil in batter and mix it properly ( I have used hot oil instead of cooking soda , by adding hot oil the bajjis will absorb a bit more oil than usual but the taste will be very good )
- Now dip the sliced raw banana in the batter and fry it in hot oil.
- When the bajjis turn golden brown remove it on the kitchen towel and serve hot .
- You can enjoy these bajjis with any sauce , chutney or just like that .
More delicious recipes
This one of the many fanastic recipes available on this blog