Sabudana Vadas are very tasty when served hot ..for weight watchers it can also be done using a appe pan or paddu pan .smear few drops of oil in the cavities of appe pan and when the pan gets heated put the lemon sized tikkis in each cavity and smear few drops of oil on top also ..after it is cooked on one side now turn the tikkis and cook on the other side also . Cook it till the vada’s are crispy and brown don’t overcook it as they might turn hard .it takes around 10 to 15 mins to cook one batch of vadas in appe pan ..don’t cover the Appe pan otherwise the vadas will turn soggy.
- 12 pieces
- 4 hours 20 minutes(including soaking of sabudana)
- 15 minutes(for each batch of vadas )
- Sabudana -1 cup
- Boiled potatoes - 3
- Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
- Green Chillies - 3
- Roasted Groundnuts - ½ cup
- Salt - according to your taste
- Sugar - 1 tsp (optional)
- Few coriander strands
- Oil for deep frying
- Wash sabudana in clean water and soak it for around 3 to 4 hours till it absorbs water and becomes soft (Tip- while soaking sabudana water should be the just exact the level of sabudana if you are taking 1 cup of sabudana then water will be around ¾ th cup )
- After the sabudana becomes soft drain out any excess water and spread the sabudana on a strainer .
- Now dry roast the groundnuts till it changes its colour a bit or you can also hear the popping sound of groundnuts (Tip- Groundnuts should be roasted on a low flame )
- Grind the groundnuts to a coarse powder ( Don’t grind it to long time otherwise groundnuts will start releasing oil)
- Mash the boiled potatoes.
- Put all the ingredients to the soaked sabudana and mix it well .don’t add water or else the mixture becomes soggy and we can’t deep fry it .
- Now take a lemon sized mixture and shape it in the form of a medium size tikkis and deep fry them in hot oil few at a time.
- Deep fry them in medium flame frying them in slow flame they absorb more oil and frying them in high flame they turn brown soon.
- Remove them on a tissue paper so that extra oil is absorbed and serve them hot with any sauce of your choice or green chutney .
More delicious recipes
This one of the many fanastic recipes available on this blog