A cheesy sandwich made with spinach and corn. Kids will love this sandwich, and you can give them as evening snack and it can also be served as breakfast.
- 3 sandwiches
- 10 minutes
- 20 minutes
- Butter - 3 tsp
- Spinach - 1 cup
- Boiled sweet corn - ¾ cup
- Milk - ½ cup
- Maida ( all purpose flour ) - 1 tsp
- Chilly flakes - 1 tsp
- Oregano - 1 tsp
- Processed cheese - ½ cup
- Salt - ½ tsp
- Garlic cloves - 2 to 3
- Bread - 6 slices
- In a pan add 1 tsp of butter and finely chopped garlic cloves.
- After the garlic cloves are fried, add washed and finely chopped spinach.
- Fry spinach till it is cooked and shrinks in volume, now add boiled sweet corn.
- Mix it properly and add 1 tsp of Maida.
- Mix maida and add milk ( milk should be boiled and cooled at room temperature)
- Keep stirring till the mixture thickens, now add salt, chilly flakes and oregano ( instead of oregano you can add italian seasoning used for pizza and pasta, since it was not available at my place i have used oregano)
- Add grated cheese and mix it ( i have used mozeralla cheese, you can also use cheddar cheese )
- Switch of the flame and allow it to cool.
- Now apply the spinach and corn mixture on a bread slice and close it with other slice.
- Put butter on tawa and roast the sandwich on both sides till it turns golden brown in colour on both sides. ( i have used the remaining butter to roast the sandwich )
- Now delicious spinach and sweet corn sandwich is ready to be served.
More delicious recipes
This one of the many fanastic recipes available on this blog