You can call it as chat or salad, this snack is loaded with the nutrition of black chickpeas and other vegetables. Gets ready in a jiffy if you have boiled chickpeas and can be a good option for an evening snack.
As we all know legumes are very good for growing children and needs to be consumed atleast four time in a week. You can modify the amount of green chillies and can give as an after school snack.
Kala channa or black chickpeas is very high in nutrition, dietery fibre, vitamins and minerals. It is low in fat and helps in lowering cholesterol and aids in weight loss. It is very good source of iron. Let’s see how to prepare this amazing snack
- 2 people
- 8 hrs 20 mins
- 15 mins
- Black chickpeas - ½ cup
- Onion - 1 ( big )
- Tomato - 2 ( small )
- Green chutney - 2 to 3 tbsp
- Dates and tamarind chutney - 1 tbsp ( optional )
- Chat masala - 1 tsp
- Salt - according to taste
- Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves - 2 tbsp
- Nylon sev - according to taste
- Soak channa for 8 to 10 hours and boil them in cooker for 3 to 4 whistles in medium flame or till they are soft.
- Chop onion, tomatoes and coriander leaves finely.
- For green chutney I have ground coriander leaves, 3 green chillies, ½ tsp of jeera, 2 garlic cloves and a pinch of salt. After grinding add 2 to 3 drops of lemon juice.
- In a large mixing bowl add boiled and hot kala channa and the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix it well and top it with a few drops of lemon juice and nylon sev.
- Now kaala channa chat is ready to served and serve it hot.( I have skipped sweet chutney, you can add it )
- Enjoy hot chat in this raining season with your family.
More delicious recipes
This one of the many fanastic recipes available on this blog