Easy and healthy sabji that can be prepared on a regular basis. No butter, no ghee is used and requires very less preparation and cooking time. When you are late or tired, you can prepare this sabji very quickly and can be enjoyed with roti, phulka, chapati, poori and rice.
- 2 people
- 10 mins
- 20 mins
- Green peas - 1 cup
- Onion - 1
- Tomato - 2
- Capsicum - 1( small)
- Ginger - ½ inch
- Garlic - 3 cloves
- Green chillies - 2
- Coriander powder - ½ tbsp
- Red chilly powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - ½ tsp
- Garam masala - ½ tbsp
- Salt - according to taste
- Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Chop onion, tomato, green chillies, garlic and ginger. Add it to mixer jar and grind them to smooth paste.
- I have used frozen green peas, you can also use fresh ones. Soak frozen green peas in water.
- In a pan add oil, add cumin seeds when its hot.
- When cumin seeds splutter, add turmeric powder, coriander powder and red chilly powder and fry them ( this way when you roast the dry powders in hot oil, it gives a good taste to the sabji)
- Now add, finely chopped capsicum and fry them for 5 minutes. Then add the ground paste, and roast till the raw smell disappears and the paste starts to release oil.
- Now add green peas, water and salt, cook it for 5 to 10 mins. ( since I have taken frozen green peas it cooks faster, if you take fresh ones you need to cook for a longer time)
- The amount of water to be added depends on the how thick you like your gravy.
- When the peas is cooked, add garam masala.
- Green peas masala is ready to be served. Garnish it with fresh cream and enjoy
More delicious recipes
This one of the many fanastic recipes available on this blog