A very healthy breakfast recipe which can be consumed by people of all ages. Kids sometimes refuse to eat sprouts directly, not only kids even for adults, it becomes boring to eat sprouts. By using sprouts we can make varieties of dishes, which will be liked by your family members.
If I start writing health benefits of sprouts elaborately, then it will go to pages. So I will keep it short.
Health benefits of sprouts, include the ability to improve digestive process, boost metabolism, increase enzymatic activity throughout the body, prevent anaemia, aids weight loss, lower cholesterol, reduce blood pressure, helps in proper growth of infants, protects against cancer, boost skin health, improves vision, support the immune system.
Sprouts should be consumed daily to get its health benefits, you can give this to kids daily so that it enables their proper growth. It is a very good source of proteins for vegetarians and vegans. It is my suggestion to include sprouts in your diet daily to maintain health.
It is simple to make sprouts at home, I will publish the recipe soon.
- 2 to 3 people
- 1 Day
- 10 mins
- Green moong sprouts - 1 cup
- Rice flour - 2 to 3 tbsp
- Green chillies - 5
- Ginger ½ inch
- Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
- Oil - 3 tbsp
- Salt - ½ tbsp
- Onion - 1 ( small )
- Take one cup moong sprouts in a mixer jar, to this add green chillies, ginger, cumin seeds and one small chopped onion.
- Now grind this to coarse paste using little water.
- Take this batter in a mixing bowl, add salt and rice flour, mix it. Add water till you get a batter of flowing consistency.
- Keep tawa for heating, when it is medium hot smear few drops of oil. Now pour a ladle full of batter and spread it inside out.
- Drizzle few drops of oil and cook dosa on one side, when it is done flip it and cook on the other side as well.
- When it is cooked both sides, remove from tawa and serve it hot along with your favourite chutney.
More delicious recipes
This one of the many fanastic recipes available on this blog