Sometimes we get bored of eating regular roti or chapathi and we want change in our daily routine. Missi roti comes to our rescue. It is simple to prepare with ingredients available at home. Missi roti comes from the state of Punjab and tastes delicious even with pickle. It can be made more tasty by adding onions, carrots or even greens like methi.
Missi roti is made from besan (gram flour) and wheat flour, we add spices to add flavour. So lets check the recipe.
- 2 people
- 10 mins
- 5 mins
- Wheat flour - 1 cup
- Gram flour or besan - 1/2 cup
- Ajwain or carom seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Red chilly powder - 1/2 tbsp
- Salt - according to taste
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp
- Oil to make rotis
- Water for making dough
- In a large mixing bowl add wheat flour, besan and give it a mix.
- To this add all the dry ingredients and oil. Mix it properly.
- I have added red chilly powder, you can add finely chopped green chillies as well.
- Add water slowly and make a soft dough.
- Let the dough rest for 15 mins.
- Take a lemon size dough and dust it with a dry flour and start rolling the roti.
- Keep the tawa for heating.
- Roll the dough around 4 to 5 inches and make a medium size roti.
- Now put the roti on a hot tawa and allow it cook for 10 to 15 secs.
- Now turn the roti and allow it to cook fully, apply little oil.
- When one side is cooked flip the roti, apply some oil and allow it to cook completely.
- Now delicious missi roti is ready to be served.
More delicious recipes
This one of the many fanastic recipes available on this blog