Kesaribath, the word makes you think of rava kesaribath but give this vermicelli kesaribath a try and it tastes very good. You can also eat this with vanilla ice cream and also you can eat this with lachedar rabri also.
- 2 bowls
- 5 minutes
- 20 minutes
- Vermicelli - 1 cup
- Sugar - ½ cup
- Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Water - 2 ½ cup
- Warm milk - 1 tbsp
- Dry fruits - chopped cashews, almonds and raisins
- Cardamom powder - a pinch
- Saffron - a pinch
- Soak saffron in 1 tbsp of warm milk.
- In a pan add 1 tbsp of ghee and roast dry fruits and keep it aside .
- In the same pan roast vermicelli till it turns brown in colour and take it out in a plate .
- Add 2.5 cups of water and allow it to boil, when the water starts to boil add vermicelli and allow it to cook.
- After sometime you can see vermicelli has absorbed all the water, now add sugar.
- Now allow vermicelli to cook in sugar syrup, add cardamom powder and saffron soaked in warm milk.
- Once the vermicelli kesaribath starts to leave the sides of pan, it is a indication that it is cooked , add the remaining ghee and mix it properly.
- Top it up with roasted dry fruits and vermicelli kesaribath is ready to be served.
More delicious recipes
This one of the many fanastic recipes available on this blog