Do you want to prepare naan at home but think you can’t, as you don’t have tandoor at home? Don’t worry it is very easy to prepare naan at home without tandoor using iron tawa. Naan is a Indian bread prepared using all purpose flour which goes very well with all the sabji’s. Now my slight twist to the recipe is naan prepared using wheat flour and all purpose flour which is also called as wheat naan without tandoor.
- 2 people (6 rotis)
- 1 hour 15 mins
- 30 mins for 6 rotis
- Wheat flour - 1 cup
- All purpose flour or Maida - 1 cup
- Curd - 1/4 cup
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Baking powder - 1/4 tsp
- Baking soda - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Water as required
- First is to check that curd is at room temperature.
- In a big bowl add wheat flour, maida and mix it properly.
- Now make a well in middle and add curd, oil, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Mix it properly.
- Now add water slowly and knead a soft dough.
- Smear little oil to the dough and cover it with wet cloth and allow it rest for one hour.
- After an hour take a big lemon sized ball ( bigger than our normal roti ) and roll it to a normal sized roti but little thick. Smear water on side of naan.
- Now keep tawa for heating on one side ( iron tawa is preferred as naan will not stick on non stick tawa and it will fall off )
- Put the naan on the tawa ( the side of naan where water is smeared should be put facing the tawa )
- Let it cook for 3 mins on slow flame and now keep the flame high and reverse the tawa as shown in the photo and allow it cook till it gets black spots on it.
- Let it cook and now keep the tawa on the flame and allow the naan to cook on the other side in high flame till its done.
- Now take the naan on a plate and smear some butter on it.
- Now wheat butter naan prepared without tandoor is ready to be served.
More delicious recipes
This one of the many fanastic recipes available on this blog